Monday, February 7, 2011

the wizard

this psychic, my wizard, basically helped to change the course of my life as i know it. as i continue on my travels onward to bali, and reflect back, i wonder quite often, how the course of my life change so drastically. was it because i asked it to, or because the wizard said it would? here i am, half way across the world, all alone, estranged at the present moment from all friends and family. was this all because of a two hour pay session?

he basically laid the cards out on the table, no pun intended, harsh and true. "you're unhappy with your job, in your apartment, in your current relationship, basically upset with your life and you feel stuck. well, you're not. so stop feeling sorry for yourself and make a change. quit that job, rent out that apartment and either make it or break it with the man. you've never been one sit around and wait for the world to change…..you have always made the world accommodate you. there is no need for you to be stuck behind a desk, use your charm and personality and make something of yourself. you are meant to travel the world, you will step foot on many soils."

he had no idea who i was, he knew nothing about me, not even my last name. i wondered if he had a facebook or was into some sort of client stalking thing. he nailed me. right on the dot. for two hours he tore my life apart, piece by piece, and mentioned people by name and told me the roles that they played within my life. he told me who i can trust and who i need to discard of. he broke down my familial relationships, my friendships and my personal relationship. he told my things i already knew and then allowed some insight into things that i had never confirmed, but always had an inkling. he amazed me and for me, that is quite rare.

i left the wizard that evening, with a sense of calmness that i hadn't felt in years. for whatever reason, i knew that the changes that would take place within the coming months were inevitable. they were out of my control.

as the days passed, i did everything in my power to push his premonitions out of my mind. it was completely irrational for me to up and leave everything. i was sophisticated and responsible, with a promising future ahead of me. i had bills to pay, a car lease to uphold, a beautiful apartment, a job, and a status intact.

he was insane. i was insane. i wasn't leaving. this is ridiculous.

xoxo – ShannonSmile

2 comments:

  1. i don't get it... and i want to hear more about it! Text me skype me give me a time and date and ill be there to chat on skype. Love u hoe and miss u so so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and yet you listened, did all those things and look at you now! way to go Shannon! Keep up the safe travels! Can't wait to see you when you get back!

    ReplyDelete