Sunday, February 6, 2011

farewell to oz

flashback

i find it quite funny that, unbeknownst to my arrival, the place i chose to begin my journey is nicknamed "oz." life works in mysterious ways.  

i had just gotten into another argument with the man that i considered to be my future husband. he always had the means to ruin my good moods, no matter what the circumstances. he had the innate ability to make me instantly feel sick. i wanted to puke as my anxiety intensified. i really didn't need this right now…..i was under so much stress already. 

i stared at the paper in my hand, then glanced at the address in front of me…..ok, a few more houses and i should be there. i headed north on the narrow manicured street and looked upward. about a block away i saw a man waving his hands frantically in the air. i knew immediately who he was. i apprehensively walked up to his front porch, i had never done anything like this before. honestly, have never believed in such things. not to mention, been told my entire life that this was toying with the devil.

as the man who held my destiny came into focus, i could't believe what my eyes were seeing……i had come to see the wizard, the wonderful wizard of oz.

xoxo - ShannonSmile

No comments:

Post a Comment