Friday, February 4, 2011

the life of a rock

I woke up this morning and immediately felt the sweltering heat hit my body. There was no possibility of me falling back to sleep. I thru on my bathers, grabbed my sunnies and ran to the beach. It was gorgeous. mini waves coming from the north and larger ones coming from the east, crashing into each other to share the same water. i couldn't see another person on the beach for miles and from what i could tell, the water was also absent of human form. there were red and yellow flags about a half mile away, which signified patrolled waters. where i spilled onto the beach, swimming was not encouraged. 

i had no fear of sharks and knew from experience that i could handle the traditional waves, so i ran and fast as i could and fell into the water. the ocean was refreshing. i laid in the pacific and allowed for the waves to toss me around. there was an exhilarating feeling knowing that no one knew i was out there. i could get swept away into the vast unexplored waters, there was a romantic beauty about it. after a bit i dragged myself from it's claws and lied my entire body onto the warm earth. no towel necessary, the white clean sand was bedding enough. 

i started to make a sand angel, knowing quite well that at home i had once suggested that someone make a path from the boardwalk to the water so that i could avoid touching the dirty beach to get to the waves. i have always been a water baby, but thought quite well that we could do with out the grainy disintegrated rock. but here, on this continent, i mushed the sand between my fingers and my toes, appreciating every grain that i touched. i fell asleep mid-angel to the mild sounds of the waves.

xoxo - ShannonSmile

No comments:

Post a Comment